Friday, February 21, 2014

Dress-up






Dress up never gets old for kids (or adults I dare say). My favorite part about it, as a parent, is seeing the stories that seem to burst out of them the moment they dawn a crown or a cape. It is as if there was a story dreamt up in their quiet moments that was just waiting for the exact right moment and right attire to come flooding out. These are not simple stories of princesses and kings; each seems to have a history (just like it often happens in a dream) and they also never seem to end…I think it takes a lot of written stories that finish in "the end" to force their little minds to think in beginnings and ends.
And so for awhile longer, until they start thinking all stories must have an end and a message of some kind, I am trying to steal their pretend story moments and make them my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment